Oooh, first time I've ever been tagged – I hope I can write something interesting, Jacolily.
- Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
- At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment on their blog and tell them they’ve been tagged, and to come back and read your blog for the whole story.
Random facts about me, hmm…
1. I've broken my left elbow twice (only thing I've ever broken though) – once jumping off a swing in 5th grade [in an unsuccessful attempt to be like the cool kids], and once falling head over heels for my husband [I fell down a hill at the end of a group backpacking trip in college, which was the weekend I met him].
2. I speak fairly fluent German, and can read it well enough to enjoy novels.
3. I love canoeing in the creek (small river really) that's in our back yard, but don't do it nearly often enough.
4. My first computer had 16K of memory [for a point of reference, that's less than the size of most emails], and you could only save one program at a time on a cassette tape. My current computer has 125,000x more memory and can store over 5 million times more data. All for the same price as the first computer. I just find that amazing. [Yes, I'm that much of a geek.]
5. Dessert is my favorite food group.
6. I love to travel. I have this fantasy where I spend the rest of my life traveling around the world like a nomad in my little hybrid car, blogging, and earning my keep when necessary by running some sort of internet consulting business. I can dream, can't I?
7. I've heard the new Indiana Jones movie might not be so good, but c'mon, it's got Harrison Ford in it, so who needs a plot really!
8. I solved the big Starbucks crossword puzzle contest they ran a couple years ago, but got the brainstorm that gave me the final answer exactly one minute past the deadline.
Not too exciting, I know, but I guess I'm pretty ordinary (aren't we all). Or maybe we're all more interesting than we think.
I now tag: Geology Byotch, Queen of Fractal Beauty, RachJ, Emjay, Margy, Tara, Beanie, and Rocky Mountain High.
6 thoughts on “Tag, you’re It!”
I love that you truly fell head over heels for your DH!
That was easy. You'll find my list here.
Number 6 – me too!!!!! Number 8 – that sucks!
My German is not bad. However, it could be much better.
Didn't mean to re-tag you. You're off the hook :))
oh man, I was out of the blogsphere for so long I missed that you tagged me, sorry!!